Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Antique Stores

Here in the Temecula/Murrieta area of California there are a lot of antique stores.  I was surprised.  I'm originally from Ohio, a state that is crammed with antique stores, and I wouldn't have thought there would be so many in California.  But I've found a few that I love.

page header

The first, is Granny's Attic.  This place is 30,000 sq feet of antiques.  Yes, 30,000 sq feet.  I felt like I could spend all day there.  I bought some measuring spoons, measuring cups, an old flour sack cut-out, and an 8mm camera.  With the first 3 things I made this:


And here's the 8mm:


I got this little baby for $8.  It pays off when the dealer was having 75% off!




This is the next antiques store I love.  It's right in Old Town Temecula.  It's a busy one and not as big as the other, but it has a great atmosphere.  I got a camera from the 1940's and a old copy of "Pride and Prejudice" there.


It was made in 1948- the year my dad was born.  It's so cool.  I might get some film and see what kind of photos it takes.

Well, that's it for now.  I'm sure there will be more antique shopping trips to come, and I will be sure to share.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment