Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

DIY Home Organization Binder

I got this idea the other day, probably from something I saw on Pinterest, to make a Home Organization Binder.  I mostly wanted it to see a budget on paper, instead of jotted on a small calendar or spread out through various websites and emails from the bills.  Then I kept digging and I came up with quite a bit.  I'll list as many links as I can at the bottom of this post if you want to grab some of the printables yourself.


I covered the outside of a crappy old binder by, first, covering it with light colored paper (a large sheet kind of like tissue but thicker) so the black of the binder wouldn't show through.  Then I spray glued on the fabric.  Then glued on the ribbon.


In covering the inside with fabric, and then paper I covered up the pocket where I had put the pens, so I had to fix that.  I have a black pen, a pencil, a highlighter, and a colored pen.  And I glued on a clip for extra paper.


I didn't have any tab pages, so I just printed some plain titles for each page and put them in page covers.  First tab- schedule.




Second- finances.


My budget pages will seriously come in handy.


Third- shopping.


Four- housework.  Yes, I needed a schedule.  I'm terrible.


Fifth- lists.  This includes "to-do lists" and a media inventory list, which I filled out today and I have 70 DVDs, who knew?!


I perforated my "to-do lists" so I can easily tear them off.


Sixth- food.  I have a stock-pile list, and then some recipe pages.


Seventh- Medical for Dr's names, addresses, and numbers.  And space for notes in case I need it.


Eigth- Etsy.  It's an online income list for my store.


Ninth- WWW.  It's a list of all my usernames and passwords for various websites.


Tenth- ideas.  A sheet to list ideas and supplies needed for them.


Eleventh- Blog.  I found these printables to plan out my block each week.

I'm hoping this will help me stay organized, especially with the important things.  Let me know if you make one of your own with any cool ideas.  I'd love to see them!

Links:
Cleaning Schedule @ Evelyn Kate Designs
Blog Calendar @ Living Locurto
I got most of the tab ideas @ DIY Home Sweet Home
Stockpile List and What's In Season Calendars (schedule tab) @ About.com Frugal Living
 
Contact Info page for Medical @ I Love it All
Media Inventory List @ Pinch a Little Save a Lot
Monthly Budget @ SissyPrint
Binder Covering Tutorial @ The Creative Place
Blank Checklist (shopping list) and Online Shop Inventory List @ The Nest Effect

I think that's it!  I makes for quite the hodge podge of designs on the pages, but printing them from someone else saved me a lot of time.

Enjoy!
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I am SOOOOOO proud!!! I have the budget down, but will you make one for me with all the other stuff? I will pay you :)

    ReplyDelete