Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cheese Tortellini with Meat Sauce

Another recipe from my new kitchen.  Well, old kitchen now new again.

It's a long story.  The simple version is that I moved back in with my parents.  Into the same two-bedroom apartment I moved from to the house with my sister and her husband.

I do like cooking in this kitchen, though.

This is my simple dinner, which is not impressive at all but I liked it.


Marinara and pre-made tortellini.  Easy peasy!



Cook up the ground beef in a deep skillet.



Start some water to boil and add olive oil and salt to season the pasta and keep it from sticking together.



Add the whole jar of marinara sauce to the meat.  Make sure you drain any excess fat from the beef.



Boil the pasta while the sauce cooks.



Pour some sauce over the pasta and sprinkle a little cheese on top.


And scarf it down.


I did.


Cheese Tortellini with Meat Sauce


1 lb lean ground beef


1 jar of marinara sauce


1 bag of frozen tortellini, or just store-bought


mozzarella cheese


Brown the ground beef in a large, deep skillet then drain the excess fat.  Boil 3 cups of water.  Drizzle a little olive oil and sprinkle a little salt in the water.  Add the jar of marinara to the meat.  Once the water is boiling, add the pasta.  Boil the pasta as long as directed.  Drain the pasta.  Serve the pasta with sauce on top then sprinkle with some cheese.  And enjoy!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment