Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Chai Cupcakes

A friend gave me a bunch of boxes of cake mix when she moved and I thought maybe I should do something different with them.  Somehow, chai popped into my mind.  But the frosting part was where I was lost.  So, I just decided to forego the frosting and I put cinnamon sugar on top.

Yum!

First start the water to boil for the tea.

I used 6 tea bags.


Once the water boils, turn off the burner, place the pot to the side, and tie the tea bags together and hang them from a wooden spoon.  Set a timer for 5 minutes.

Measure out 1/3 cup of oil.

Mix the oil with the cake mix.

According to the box, you need 1 1/4 cup of water.

I measured out the brewed Chai tea to the 1 1/4 cup to replace the water then add the Chai tea to the batter.


Fill the cupcake papers 2/3 full.


So, I was baking these at my grandma's house and I couldn't find cinnamon ANYWHERE.  Then I found this  grinder and smelled it (haha) and it was CINNAMON.  It's a cool contraption.  So, anyway, I mixed the cinnamon with sugar to top the cupcakes.


My grandma has my great-grandma's china.  It's beautiful!  (This cupcake got cinnamon/sugar after the fact because I didn't know what I was going to put on it, yet)

Chai Cupcakes

Ingredients:
6 bags Tazo Chai Tea (doesn't have to be Tazo but that's what I used)
2 cups of water (boil 2 cups, that way in case some evaporates you'll have enough for the batter)
1/3 cup oil
3 egg whites
1 box White Cake Mix
Cinnamon
White Sugar

Make cake according to the directions on the box for the cake.  The only difference is use brewed Chai tea instead of water.

Mix cinnamon and sugar (just eyeball the measurements) and sprinkle on top of batter before baking.

Serve with some Chai tea and enjoy!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment