Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I Can't Wait.

Last October my sister and I discovered Apple Annie's.  It's an orchard in Wilcox, AZ.  But they also have a few fields of produce and pumpkins.  When we went last year, we got there too late in the season to get many good apples, so we only came home with a few, but we did get a pumpkin and some other vegetables.  I forgot to mention, you can pick your own apples and vegetables!

This year I plan to go a few times.  Right now the peaches, pears, gala, and gold and red delicious apples are ready.  And there are a ton of vegetables.  They have this super cool "harvest calendar" on their site that makes it easy to know what to expect when you get there.

Last year I made a pumpkin puree with the pumpkin I picked there.  I posted that here (in going back to retrieve the link for this post I discovered the pumpkin used was purchased at Wal-Mart, so part of the above is a lie hehe), and I made Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts with the fresh puree.

So, stay tuned for some delicious fall recipes made with my Apple Annie's purchases.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment