Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Joy's Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts with Maple Glaze

Like I said in my last post, I love Joy the Baker!  She's amazing and has the best recipes.  And the following is another one of hers.


I took them to work and a girl said to me: "You made your own pop tarts?"  I said: "Yeah."



Let's start with the dough.  Sorry to offend all you hardcore bakers with my "great value" flour and sugar.  We bake on a budget at my house.



Throw all the dry ingredients into a bowl.



Add lots of delicious butter.  I don't care what anyone says- butter is what makes the world go 'round.



It's best to crumble it together with your fingers until it's pea-size.



After you add the egg with the milk the dough is ready.



Mold the dough together then split it in half and wrap it up then put it in the fridge while you make the filling.



Put the pumpkin in a saucepan.



Sprinkle your spices in with the pumpkin and give it a good stir.  Heat it on medium for a few minutes until it becomes fragrant.  Then you will be tempted out of your mind to just sniff the heck out of the pan.



Whisk in the egg, sugar, and salt.  Then place it in a container and put it in the fridge while you work on the dough.



Dust the counter, or a board in my case, with flour for your dough.



Roll the dough out to a rounded rectangle and about 1/8 inch thick.



Trim the rounded edges off, so it's a perfect rectangle.



Cut the dough into smaller rectangles.



Pile up the pieces, wrap them up, and put them in the fridge while you work the other half of the dough.



Scramble an eggs up to the make a wash for the pop tarts.



Spread the egg wash over the entire bottom piece of dough.



Spoon a tablespoon of the filling in the middle of the dough.



Place the other piece of dough on the top then press the edges with the tines of a fork.



Bake them up and they smell and look delicious.



Maple syrup- yummy deliciousness.  It's glaze time.



Put the maple syrup, milk, and powdered sugar in a bowl and give it a good mix.



Mmmm, maple-y glaze!



Spoon the glaze over the pop tart.  Maple and pumpkin are a GREAT combination.



These are great.  I highly recommend them to the non-pumpkin pie eaters like me.  I don't know what it is about pumpkin pie that I don't like, but these are great.


Share them, or don't, it's up to you.  I share but if I didn't share the food I make I'd be as big as a house.


Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts with Maple Glaze


From Joy the Baker

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment