Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Comfort Food

Jessica, my sister, and I went to an orchard called Apple Annie's in Wilcox, AZ.  And in the little shop where they sell various food and such, they sell food from Amish Country.

I grew up in Ohio and very close to Amish Country, so the food from there is like being home.  So, of course, we had to buy some noodles from the store that were made in Amish Country, Ohio.  They also sell swiss cheese from Amish Country too.

Last night, I made the best Amish comfort food.  It's chicken with noodles over mashed potatoes.

I boiled the chicken then cut it up in small pieces.  Peel and cut up the potatoes and put them in a large pot of water.  Then boil the noodles in half water and half chicken broth.  When the potatoes are done mash them up with butter, milk, salt and pepper to taste.

Put a pile of mashed potatoes in a bowl then spoon the chicken and noddle mixture over the potatoes.  Make sure you put some broth in with it.




This is Chad's bowl with a bunch of pepper on it.



And you have to mix it all together :)  It's the best like that.


I love comfort food.


I have to say the best comfort food is my mom's pot roast, though.  It's amazing!


Love my mama.


She's the best.


This meal makes me miss Ohio.  Yeah, I said it.  I miss Ohio.


If you ever go to Ohio, you have to go to Amish Country and try some of their yummy food.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment