Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Huge Canvas Before and After

About 3 years ago I painted this huge canvas with an abstract painting of, what looked like, yarn balls hanging from a string.  I got the idea from when I house-sat for a friend and she had something similar hanging in her guest room.


Clearly, I had it hanging on the wall horizontally I was just having issues taking a picture of it that way.  Anyway, unfortunately the painting doesn't match my decor anymore, but the canvas was expensive and there's no way I'm chucking it in the trash.  So, I had to come up with something.  And I did...



I had an old hardback copy of "The Secret Garden" that a friend gave to me.  I ripped out a bunch pages and glued them onto the canvas.  And that is a quill pen in the corner.  I free-handed it- don't judge!

Anyway, I love it!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment