Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Solo Apple Crisp

I'm house-sitting for a few days and brought an apple with me.  I found some oatmeal and sugar and butter, and decided to make an apple crisp.

Solo Apple Crisp:
1 Gala apple, chopped (or whatever kind of apple you prefer Gala are my favorite)
2 tbsp of butter
1/4 cup oatmeal
2 tbsp of sugar (I used raw sugar because that's all I could find, but you can use white or brown sugar too)

Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a saucepan.  Add apple pieces.  I let them cook a little, almost frying them to get a different flavor.  Sprinkle in 1 tbsp of sugar and mix well, and keep an eye on it so it doesn't get too brown (however, the butter should keep the sugar from burning).  While your apples cook, mix together remaining sugar and butter with the oatmeal.  When apples are soft, pour the mixture into a small baking dish.  Sprinkle oatmeal mixture over the top.  Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, just to brown the oat topping.  Then enjoy!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment