Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Cinnamon Tea

My good friend, Kristina, who lives in Tucson makes really great Cinnamon Tea.  She uses cinnamon sticks and just black tea.  So, I decided to buy some cinnamon sticks and give it a try.


Cinnamon Tea

6 cups water
1 large tea bag
3-4 cinnamon sticks
sugar (to taste)
ice cubes

Boil water in a 2-qt sauce pan.  When the water reaches boiling point, turn off the burner and add the tea bag and cinnamon sticks and let sit for 4-5 mins.  If you want the cinnamon to be stronger you can boil the sticks with the water then add the tea bags, but I didn't want mine to be that strong.  When time is up, remove the sticks and tea bag.  Fill your pitcher halfway with ice cubes then pour the hot tea over top.  Stir until ice is just about melted.  Add sugar (I did 1/2 cup, but you may want more or less).  Then enjoy!



This is the tea bag I used- it's an iced tea bag (we generally use this in our iced tea maker)
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment